Charming talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmed theme song

2 posters

Go down

Charmed theme song Empty Charmed theme song

Post  Kanefan Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Is it just me, or is the theme song SLOWER in season five compared to the earlier seasons? In my current watchthrough, I'm in season 5, and it seems so much slower! By slower I mean fewer beats per minute.
Kanefan
Kanefan

Back to top Go down

Charmed theme song Empty Re: Charmed theme song

Post  Kanefan Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Charmed theme song Charme11
Yes, I found it! I recorded both versions and inserted them into Mixmeister and made it analyze the bpms. It turns out the bpms become 4.2 FEWER in season 5. It also shows that the key in season five is one half a note less than in season four, so the producers actually changed the pitch slightly. It also shows that the difference in length is 2 seconds.

Personally, I prefer the fast one. It really became exciting each time that tune came on, because it was so upbeat, but those 4.2 bpms really makes it dreadful. It's almost so that I fast forward to skip the theme song.

What do you guys think? Smile Why would the producers want to slow the theme song down??
Kanefan
Kanefan

Back to top Go down

Post  PerryPeverell Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 am

I don't know where you live, but I'm guessing you have region 2 DVD's.
The whole theme has been that slow since the beginning. The DVD's of region 1 all have the slow version, only region 2 has the faster one. For some reason the speed of the theme is faster on region 2 DVD's except for the DVD's of season 5, which is why it looks as if they decided to slow it down for that season.
PerryPeverell
PerryPeverell

http://thecharmedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down